Media Training & Internships for Seamaster 2019 ITTF Challenge Plus Nigeria Open
The Main Organising Committee (MOC) of the Seamaster 2019 ITTF Challenge Plus Nigeria Open is offering media training and internships for this summer’s event.
Successful candidates will undergo a one-day media training on 30 July before taking part in the five-day tournament to be held in Lagos between 7-11 August 2019.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for aspiring, young media professionals to be trained and gain experience at one of Africa’s elite tournaments.
The MOC is looking for candidates, aged 20-30 and residing in Lagos, with a focus on undergraduates and practising young journalists in the fields of media, journalism, broadcast, film or sports management (or equivalent), who have an interest in sports, table tennis and large sporting events.
Candidates must have a good level of English proficiency (spoken and written). Additional languages are a plus.
For the internship, the selected candidates must feel comfortable completing the following tasks:
- Interviewing players and taking flash quotes;
- Writing feature articles;
- Creation of daily summaries to be sent to fans and media;
- Organising creative video filming with the players;
- Assisting with the writing of press releases;
- Assisting with the running of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram);
- Assisting with the creation of media documents in the lead up to the event;
- Assisting with the management of the media areas such as the mixed zone and press tribune;
- Monitoring global media activity and providing daily reports.
To apply, please send the following:
- Max. 300 words about yourself and your passion for sport and media.
- Max. 200 words explaining why you are interested in the media training and internship on offer.
- Your CV.
The above documents must be signed and stamped by your HOD, then please send to email@example.com.
Applications must be sent before 20 July 2019.
Selected candidates will be contacted by email.